CoolStance® for Horses
CoolStance® for horses is a unique feed because it comes from coconut oil and fibre from coconut meal. CoolStance® coconut meal is suitable for most horses and can be fed to maintain a natural state of gut health and insulin sensitivity, i.e. normal insulin metabolism.
CoolStance® copra is made from the white part of the coconut, which has been dried, baked and ground.
CoolStance copra has been fed as a quality product to horses for over 20 years.
- Contains <2% starch and may reduce the effect of hot or fizzy behavior in horses
- Contains < 11% Non-Structural Carbohydrates (NSC) making it a low
- GI feed
- Contains coconut oil, which is a saturated oil and is not prone to rancidity or oxidation
- Rich in Medium Chain Triglycerides (MCT) which are absorbed directly into the portal blood and provide readily digestible energy. MCT are unlike most other oils (soy, corn, and flaxseed) which are polyunsaturated, and are slowly digested
- Provides a balanced supply of protein and energy
- Highly palatable, even for picky eaters
- May improve body, hoof and coat condition
- Reduces hay requirement
- May avoid metabolic disorders (tying up, laminitis, colic, EMS)